You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 01-04-2018
Gainesville pet owners - New Year's Resolutions from Shores Animal Hospital for healthy & happy pets!
1. Schedule two veterinary appointments this year - Pets need regular veterinary care to live long, healthy, happy lives. The best time to bring your pet in is for a wellness exam. Seeing your pet when he or she is feeling good gives veterinarians a baseline to use in case of trouble. We will also use these appointments to update needed vaccinations and discuss early disease detection blood and lab tests.
2. Discuss annual dental cleanings - Besides just bad breath, poor dental health can lead to heart, liver and kidney disease.
3. Don’t skip out on their exercise - Regular exercise maintains a healthy weight, builds strength and endurance and reduces behavior and medical problems associated with inactivity. Depending on breed, age and size, activity levels will vary, but do not let the winter months keep you from jogging or walking your dog. Most dogs will retrieve balls or toys for hours if you will toss it for them! Encourage cats to be active with toys or chasing laser pointers.
4. Consider training – Beyond learning the basics of sit, stay and come, effective training can help your pet become a successful member of your family and build a strong bond between you. Starting early as a puppy or soon after you adopt is best, but training can be applied to all ages. You can teach an old dog new tricks! Ask our staff about training options.
5. Enroll in our Wellness Plans! With the Shores Animal Hospital Wellness Plans, your pets are part of a comprehensive wellness plan designed to manage, diagnose and treat their overall health. Dogs and cats need regular veterinary care. They can't always tell you if they are in pain or not feeling well. Diseases and health problems might not show symptoms until it is too late. Includes exams with $10 co-pays, vaccines and testings.
6. Provide heartworm prevention - Heartworm disease, a potentially life-threatening condition, is prevalent in Florida because of mosquitoes. Heartworms live in the heart, blood vessels and lungs of an infected pet. While treatment is available, prevention is much safer and without side effects. Even indoor pets need to be on heartworm prevention – there are numerous products available including monthly pills, topical options or an injectable from our veterinarians.
7. Visit our online pet pharmacy & download our app - Order food and supplies to be delivered right to your door! While we always enjoy seeing you in the vet clinic, we understand your schedule does not always allow you to stop by. You can shop at your convenience 24/7. Shop now!
8. Maintain healthy coat, skin & nails - Regular bathing and grooming keeps pets looking and feeling fresh and clean and can detect skin and ear conditions and infections. Our Prestige Pet Resort & Spa is here to provide your pet with spa grooming services!
9. Help your pet be reunited if lost - Microchipping is a permanent form of pet ID. Veterinary hospitals and animal shelters can scan a lost pet and obtain the owner's contact information if implanted with a microchip. Already microchipped? Make sure the information is up to date if you moved or changed phone numbers. Ensure ID tags are current also and securely fastened onto your pet at all times.
10. Refer other pet owners to Shores Animal Hospital! Thank you for letting us be your partner in your pet's health! We appreciate recommendations to other Gainesville pet owners - each referral of a new client is a $10 credit on your account!
We look forward to helping you keep your pets healthy & happy in 2018!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
What can we help you find?